Manhattan is crammed with the some of the best food joints to be found in the states, however, if you're on a budget it can be difficult to find a good place to grab a bite. While living there I found a lot of great budget friendly spots, so below I compiled a list of my top five places to eat on the cheap.
1. Artichoke's Pizza, 14th b/t 1st & 2nd (Delicious and huge slices for $4)
2. Crocodile Lounge, 14th b/t 1st & 2nd (Free personal pizza w/any drink $6 average)
3. Mamouns Falafal, St. Marks Place & MacDougal (Best falafal ever $2.50)
4. NYC Dosa, Washington Square Park at Sullivan (Yum veg food $1-$6)
5. Vanessa's Dumplings, 14th b/t 2nd & 3rd (Recession special $1.50 dumplings & buy one, get one free sushi plate after 8pm)